Trash & Recycling
The City of Beaumont provides an array of trash, recycling and special waste handling services to its residents and businesses by way of its hauler, Waste Management.
All cities and counties in California are required to have in place programs that seek to keep as much trash out of landfills as possible. Local governments have an obligation to meet a 50% diversion goal, meaning that no more than half of the trash sent to the landfills back in the early 90’s should be dumped today. By increasing our recycling efforts it helps to extend the life of our landfills.
While Beaumont has been found to be in compliance with state mandates as it pertains to trash and recycling, there is always more that can be done. The City of Beaumont offers twice a year community recycling events free of charge to its residents, along with the twice a year bulky item picks-ups that Waste Management offers free of charge.
The City of Beaumont requires all residential, business, and multi-family properties to have trash collection services. The City of Beaumont contracts with one waste hauler, Waste Management, for all services including recycling and organics recycling. No other haulers are authorized.
Please contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 directly to establish your service with them.
- Waste Management (800) 423-9986
- Riverside County Department of Waste Resources - Household Hazardous Waste info (including ABOP, Electronic Waste, Sharps information)
- CalRecycle - used oil and filters
- Drug Enforcement Agency - to turn in unused or expired controlled substances
- Organic Waste Recycling
- Place all waste in the appropriate container and make sure the lid closes properly
- Trash, recyclables and green waste placed outside of the container will not be collected
- Place your containers curbside (not on the sidewalk) no later than 6am on your service day
- Roll containers into the street (not on the sidewalk) and place them against the curb with the handles facing your property
- Place carts at least two feet apart from other carts and objects
- Emptied carts must be removed from the curbside no later than 7pm on your service day